Altesino 2007 Rosso Tuscana - 90pts

Altesino 2007 Rosso Tuscana (Montalcino) Tuscany - Italy

Availability: BCLDB stores
Cost: $22.99
Alcohol: 13.5%
Date Tasted: December 10th, 2010

Tasting Notes: This charming wine from Tuscany is a blend of 80% Sangiovese with the remaining 20% a mixture of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. It's a successful blend that delivers an impressively complex wine for the price. At times meaty and earthy, whilst offering a sweet fruity character that makes you forget its origin. Light cured meats, tomato stock, mushrooms, bell pepper, smoke, red berries and a touch of cranberry tartness make up the flavour profile.

The oak treatment is more prominent on the dry, light-to-medium bodied palate and grounds the juicy texture nicely. This is a well balanced wine with structured tannins and good acidity. Pair this wine with braised meat dished like Osso Buco. Drinking beautifully now, don't cellar for long. Drink 2010-2012.
 - Liam Carrier ©copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment