Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars 2013 Pinot Gris - 90pts

Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars 2013 Pinot Gris (Okanagan Falls) Okanagan Valley - BC

Availability: Direct from winery here and private wine shops
Cost: $20.90
Alcohol: 13.5%
Date Tasted: October 19th, 2014

Tasting Notes: Some Okanagan Valley Pinot Gris are fermented and aged in oak barrels and others see no oak at all. Both styles can produce outstanding versions of BC's most planted white variety (2011 acreage report). Blue Mountain successfully combines the best of both worlds with 60% of the fruit fermented and aged in stainless steel and the remaining 40% in new-to-3 year old French oak. The blended wine brings together lively, citrus, apple, kiwi and white peach aromas and flavours with beautiful, rounded characters of orange blossom, wheat, vanilla, light spice and just a hint of warm brioche in the background. A lemon/lime acidic kick keeps the finish crisp and clean. A delightful Pinot Gris to be enjoyed now, or over the next 2-3 years. Drink now-2017.
 - Liam Carrier ©copyright 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment